Insurance Guidelines for Medical Equipment Rental Reimbursement
We DO NOT accept insurance. This article is provided as a guide only. Please contact your insurance company for more information.
Every insurance plan is different, so it’s important to get information from your carrier to find out if your equipment will be covered. If you call us at 1(855) 443-5463 we can go more in depth about insurance, and we will do everything we can to help explain your submission process.
If you would like to verify coverage yourself, follow these steps:
- Get your diagnosis code(s). This is something that your doctor uses to identify your injury or surgery. Someone at your doctor’s office will be able to provide it for you.
- Know the insurance code for the equipment (visit HCPC Codes Page)
- Call the phone number on the back of your insurance card.
- Ask the insurance representative if your equipment (code) is covered by your plan.
- If there is coverage, find out the amount or percentage that is covered.
- Ask if there are any special requirements for coverage such as a rental vs. a purchase or an in network provider.
When it’s time to submit for reimbursement, send your insurance company the following 3 documents:
- A final statement complete with billing codes – we provide this when your rental is closed, or on the date of your purchase.
- Letter of medical necessity, signed by your doctor – we email and send you a blank letter, which you will need to have your doctor’s office sign for you.
- Prescription for the equipment – this is something that your doctor can provide.
Once you’ve submitted your claim to your insurance company, it may take some time before they respond. Don’t be afraid to follow up & check in on your claim’s status.